Statcounter

Saturday, February 26, 2011

EACH VOTE IS A PRECIOUS JEWEL


A friend of mine told me he didn’t vote yesterday. He asked me what the matter was when I started to weep. I explained to him how each vote is a precious jewel and how every one of those jewels is collected up and set into a crown and that crown is put upon the head of the new King of Ireland.

I told my friend that the crown would be missing a very special jewel today and that was his jewel because he didn’t vote. I told him that the new King of Ireland would be very sad and so would all of the dead patriots looking down from heaven. Then I told my friend that if he didn’t value his vote maybe he should go and live in one of the hot countries where they don’t have votes and eat puppy dogs for dinner.

Then my friend explained to me that the only reason he didn’t vote was because he’s eight years of age.

No comments: