Statcounter

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

24 Hour Comics Day



24 hour comic day requires that you draw a 24 page comic in 24 hours. I took this opportunity to become reacquainted with an old character I used draw called the Rabid Dog Christ. Like his old owner, he seems to have lost some of his bite. I wasn't too happy about that but I recently looked at it again and decided the Dog Christ is on grand form, just a bit mellowed. I'm going to dig out the old stuff though and give the blasphemy laws a test run. (I doubt my scribblings will be of any interest to the authorities.)

I was drawing amongst other toonists in a hotel in Dublin city. I ran out of things for Dog Christ to do so a couple of others helped me with suggestions - hence the ball licking.

Anyway, here's the location of Dog Christ's Return

um, . . .enjoy?

P.S. I actually managed to finish everything but the text in 24 hours. This was cunningly achieved via the use of A5 paper (as opposed to sheets of paper the size of a kites like them other suckers)and f-all background detail.

P.P.S. They are adapting Rabid Dog Christ for the screen with heavyweight Thespian/insecure bully Russell Crowe cited for a role as Dog Christ's droppings.

P.P.P.S. My 24 hour comic managed to raise a staggering €22200,0000900.45 for my chosen charity (The Little Sister's of the Fearful Contraption were raising money for a Sri Lankan boy born with an arse for a head).

P.P.P.P.S. This kid showed up and drew a dog too. I didn't think his was very good.

2 comments:

John Robbins said...

Who are you, sir? Some salt-a-de-eart guest-blogger? This non-affected-persona-then-slightly-affected-persona-towards-post-end has me perturbed. I want the other fella back!

(That's a pretty damn decent comic for a 24-Hour effort, actually, and certainly one of the better ones I've read. Coincidentally, pedestrians returning to paths (having avoided slippy patches) had me thinking that dog shit was the new grit-substitute. I thought you should know.)

Anonymous said...

Normal transmission of aforementioned persona will resume shortly but first on RTE, a gritty new drama 'Dog Shit'.