Statcounter

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Health is Wealth!


I went to the doctor the other day and he told me I was going to die. When I asked him how, he said 'I don't know, I've just got this feeling'. I asked him if he could at least give me a check up to see if anything could be done but he said he didn't think it would be any use.

I started to get a bit worked up about the whole thing, which I think is understandable, and demanded that he at least tell me how long I had left to live. 'I don't know,' he said 'about half an hour, maybe three quarters'. I began to raise my voice, loudly insisting that he could do more but the doctor just asked me to leave. 'You're freaking me out,' he said, 'and I don't want you dying in here and then all the patients outside thinking I killed you by accident because I'm a crap doctor'.

I was charged €60 as I left.

Speaking of matters health, why not check out this great rediscovered episode of the Windell Comics superhero THE HAT?

2 comments:

John Robbins said...

I recently had my eye-lashes surgically extended; it worked out at 35 euros a lash. Great value, I think you'll agree.

My confidence/self-worth is now sky high!

Anonymous said...

I got the old lad extended with a device I got over the net for around €16. There's a fair old length to it now but it's unwieldy like a hose that's gone a bit mad with a gush of water. Hurts also. Self-esteem is through the roof though.